Telegram has privacy protections as a messaging application. As a result, I'd like to talk you some Telegram application hints this time.
The issue of privacy on the Telegram app is a contentious one. From hacking competitions to terrorist groups' exploitation of the technology. Let's put that contentious matter aside for a while. After all, some of Telegram's capabilities are useful in everyday situations.
8 Tips for Keeping Your Telegram Account Secure
Immediately, we see some useful Telegram application tips to maintain privacy.
Turn off Telegram Message Preview
Telegram message preview is not active. As message preview allows you to read messages without opening the app. While useful, it allows the messages you receive to be read by other people who are nearby, or are borrowing your cell phone.
How to turn off Telegram's Message Preview feature
- Go to Settings > Notifications and Sounds
- Tap the on/off option in the Message Preview section
- Use Secret Chat
- secret chat telegram
Secret chat is a Telegram messaging feature that provides encryption facilities, notifications for screenshots , does not allow forwarding, and a timer for self-deleting messages.
To use secret chat , simply select that feature from the Telegram menu. Then choose who you want to use secret chat with . After that, wait for your friend to join in this secret conversation.
Hide Telegram "Last Seen"
Telegram app tips to hide last seen. The current messaging app notifies you when you last used the app. If you don't want your contacts to see this information, you can hide it. WhatsApp also has a similar feature. But Telegram has more options.
How to hide last seen on Telegram
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Last Seen
- Choose between Everybody, My contacts, or Nobody (no one can see).
- In addition, you can also determine who can see when you use Telegram.
How Lock Telegram Conversation with Passcode
These tips are useful if a friend borrows your cell phone. To avoid other people peeking at the contents of your conversation, you can lock it with a passcode ( password ).
How to lock Telegram conversations with passcode
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Passcode
- Activate Passcode option
- Enter the code of your choice
- You can lock or unlock it by pressing the lock icon at the top.
Please note, if you forget the passcode , you will have to delete the app and reinstall it. However, all secret chats will be deleted.
Monitor Telegram Active Sessions
Telegram active sessions is one of the messaging apps available for many platforms. That way you'll likely be using it on a variety of different devices. Telegram also provides information on what devices and when Telegram is used.
You can use this feature to monitor whether a device that isn't yours is accessing your conversations. Then you can also erase and sign out of the device in question.
How to see active Telegram sessions
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security > Active Sessions
- See the list of devices that access your Telegram account.
- Press the respective device to erase and logout .
Send Telegram Messages Without Sound Notifications
This Telegram application tip is actually more useful for maintaining the privacy of others. You know that conversations in groups or channels can be very busy and annoying. Especially the notification sound that keeps ringing.
Yes we can adjust the notification volume sound. However, on Telegram you can also send messages without sounding the notification sound . That way, the broadcasts or messages you send — if they're not important — won't annoy others.
How to send Telegram messages without notification sound
- Open a conversation on the channel
- Press the bell next to the typing field to turn off the notification sound.
Delete Telegram Account Automatically
Telegram also has quite unique features. You can destroy your account if you haven't used it for a certain period of time. I don't know when you will need this feature. But it will be useful if at any time you change accounts (phone numbers).
How to set up automatic account deletion on Telegram
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security
- Press the option “If you're away for…”
- Choose the time period you want
- Please remember, if you choose a certain time period and you don't want your account to be deleted, you have to use the app at least once.
Hide Telegram Phone Number
You can also hide your phone number in the Telegram app. Of course this is useful so that not just anyone can see your phone number. Especially if you are a member of a group with many participants and you don't know all of them well.
How to hide phone number on Telegram
- Go to Settings > Privacy and Security
- Press the option ' Phone number '
- Choose who can see your phone number.
- Everybody (everyone)
- My contacts (my contacts)
- nobody (none).
That's all about basic 8 Tips for Keeping Your Telegram Data Private and secure.